We hope you and your family are staying well during the COVID-19 crisis. These are troubling times for all of us, and we wanted to provide some level of assurance that we will continue making every effort to provide you with the service you need as best we are able under the circumstances.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has issued its Guidance on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce and has provided further detailed guidance on identifying essential critical infrastructure workers. DHS has included as “essential” all the roles workers in the water treatment industry play in delivering clean, safe water. So, we remain on the job to assist you during this crisis.
You should know that our priority is the health and safety of our customers and our employees. Our workers are told to avoid person-to-person contact and seek alternatives in all situations. In addition, we are following protocols and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
We will offer to consult with you over the phone or Facetime and are more than willing to drop off salt or other supplies outside of your home and similarly pick up any water samples for testing if requested.
Specifically, all of our employees know to stay home if they do not feel well and see a doctor if necessary. Our service and delivery crews have been trained to do the following:
- Wash hands on a frequent basis throughout the day
- Use hand sanitizer before and after each call
- As noted, provide porch and garage deliveries whenever possible
- Even on-site to communicate electronically as needed
- Avoid coming within 6 feet of customers or others, particularly no contact and no shaking hands — complete social distancing
- Use protective gloves and foot protection