800-727-0707
402-330-6440

13336 Industrial Road, Suite #106, Omaha, NE 68137
Follow us on Facebook
Add us to your Google+ Circles
Find our professional profiles on LinkedIn
Follow us on Twitter
Tune in to our YouTube Channel

Frequently Asked Questions

Residential Water Systems

What is Water Softening? +

Water softening is the reduction/removal of calcium and magnesium ions, which are the principal cause of hardness in water.   The hard water enters the water softener, and tiny beads in the resin bed attract the hard water minerals, removing them from the water. When the resin beads are full of hard water minerals, they are flushed and drained with a brine solution during “regeneration”. The brine is created with salt you add to the softener. United Distributors features the most energy efficient water softeners, which use less salt and electricity than ever before.  And today, the amount of sodium released into a gallon of softened water very small, about as much as you get in 2 slices of wheat bread!  The benefits include brighter clothes, cleaner dishes, less detergent consumption and less water usage.   Your softener will protect your entire plumbing system and minimize scaling.

Should I be Concerned about Hard Water? +

Hard water can contribute to a number of problems for your home water system and the overall health of your family. When you use softened water you can: - Use less energy to heat water year after year. - Wash clothes in cold soft water with half as much detergent as washing in untreated hard hot water.  - Use 50% less detergent in the dishwasher. - Prevent hard water scale from shortening the life of your appliances, restricting water flow in your plumbing, and staining your bathroom fixtures.

How Do I Find Hardness in My Water? +

United Distributors will test your water to determine the level of particles and “hardness”.  Most studies show that only 15% of the United States has naturally occurring soft water.  The remaining 85% gets to fight the battles of hard water. Omaha has some of the hardest water in the country.

How Do I Soften My Water? +

Water can be treated or softened as soon as it enters your home, using many different methods.  We feature the best softeners in the industry, including those from 3M, with reserve capacity innovation.  The 3M Water Softener uses variable reserve logic to optimize regeneration cycles by evaluating past use.  This conserves water, salt, and energy, which saves you money.  United Distributors is here to offer you the best possible solution for your home softening needs.

Commercial Water Systems

What type of a water conditioning system is best for my business? +

There are many types of commercial water conditioning systems available today, and United Distributors, Inc. can help you decide which systems and methods will be best for your commercial needs.

Will my customers really notice a difference? +

Water quality is something that CAN impact the success of your business.  If you are in the restaurant or food service industry, clean dishes and great tasting water at each table is crucial to an enjoyable customer experience and gaining repeat customers!

How do I know if the water we use is pure enough for our business? +

United Distributors, Inc. will provide you with all the information you will need to make an educated decision about the water conditioning needs for your specific business type.

United Distributors, Inc. is a complete water solutions provider.  We market innovative and creative solutions to meet and fulfill the needs of our customers.  We are Omaha's most trusted soft water and water treatment company.  Our president, Rory Sherman, was the area's first water treatment professional to be named a Level VI Water Quality Association Certified Water Specialist, now recognized as a Master Water Specialist (MWS).

We partner with the industry’s most trusted names in water filtration and water softening, companies such as 3M, to provide WATER SOLUTIONS WITH RESULTS.

Click the red 3M logo below to learn more about United Distributor as your local 3M Authorized Water Dealer.

3M-Authorized-Water-Dealer-Logo

Click this Water Quality Association link to learn more about water, the benefits of good water quality, and the WQA's mission, vision, and values.

United Distributors, Inc. is here to help you understand your water needs, and to supply you with the best possible solutions to ensure that you receive the healthy benefits of safe, clean water.  Pure and Simple.

Contact Us NowFor a Free Water Analysis

A Few Of Our Clients